History Of The College
The history of City College is associated with the awakening of the people of Hyderabad who realized the importance of education and established the first city school in the Dar-ul-uloom as early as 1865, which was later, converted into a City High School. The school moved into the present grand edifice in 1921. Intermediate sections (F.A) of Osmania University with 30 students were introduced in 1921 under the supervision of the high school with Urdu as the medium of instruction.
In 1929, the school was upgraded to a college and was named as “City College”. It became a constituent college of Osmania University. Consequent to the abolition of the Intermediate course (F.A) in Osmania University in the year 1956, the Pre-University Course (P.U.C) was introduced. The B.Sc courses were introduced in 1962 and the institution was named as “City Science College”. City College was taken over by the Government from Osmania University in 1965 and was renamed as “Government City Science College”.