1. To provide higher education to students from all sections of society.
2. To provide opportunity to faculty members to update their knowledge, teaching and research skills.
3. To empower the students with appropriate skills to face the challenges of a competitive job market.
4. To serve the educational needs of the disadvantaged sections.
5. To promote the spirit of research among the advanced learners.
6. To encourage all round personality development of the students.
7. To inculcate moral values and commitment to society among the students.
8.To provide infrastructure and learning resources to all the constituents of the college.
Govt. City College has been conferred with ‘Autonomy’ by University Grants Commission, Osmania University and the State Government from the year 2004-05.
Govt. City College has Reaccredited with (3.26) A Grade by NAAC