Introduction of the Scheme:
Government of Andhra Pradesh had entered in to a MOU with ISRO for establishing multi channel Satellite network and using the KU-Band for promoting the use of Information Technology for the overall development of the state. It has been designated as MANA TV.
The Information Technology & Communications Department of the State Government has constituted SAPNET (Society for Andhra Pradesh Network) to undertake educational programmes production and Telecasting of Video lessons on behalf of all the wings of Education.
In the Commissionerate of Collegiate Education a separate wing called Mana TV Cell is established to administer the programmes of the Mana TV, content generation, correspondence and finance management of the budget allotted etc.
Importance of Mana TV:
1. Covers 90% of colleges & can communicate(1 way video and 2 way audio)
2. Provides uniform teaching, one individual teacher’s expertise can be viewed and shared by all colleges
3. Gives scope to improve the skills of teachers by observing other expert teachers
4. Provides opportunity to teach with visuals and animations
5. A platform to explore the potentials of the teachers and students too
1. To help students in rural, backward and remote areas where there is shortage of faculty and infrastructure facilities.
2. To supplement classroom teaching for better grasping of the subject
3. To provide uniform teaching to all the students
4. To provide access for students to interact with subject experts.
5. To impart counseling to the students for vertical & horizontal mobility.
6. To train the students in Job oriented programmes through Certificate courses.
7. To conduct Special live programmes and teleconferences with experts.